Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Who I am, What I do

I have hopes that this blogging thing will go in a certain direction. Before I get going, I thought it would be best to explain a little about who I am and what I hope to blog about.

I am a 41 year-old lawyer. My interests include history, religion, sports, science and literature. I love learning new things and try to keep an open mind to unfamiliar ideas. I think I am fairly well-read. I am not a news hound, but I try to maintain a certain sense of what is going on in the world.

I find that the process of writing forces me to focus and organize my thoughts. Blogging will be primarily a mental exercise for me. However, I hope that anyone who decides to read any of my blogs will comment. Challenges are always welcome. Wisdom and insight can come from just about anywhere.

The topics will be broad. I like to tackle the "big stuff". God, religion, right, wrong, government, ethics, etc. will all be on the table. Current events will likely be thrown in. I usually find pop culture to be sort of. . . . . silly . . . . but the reactions other people have to current pop culture events can be interesting. So, now I just have to decide where to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment